Repeto Standard is a feedback based MIDI looper. The principle is similar to audio loopers: Delayed signal read from the buffer is fed back into the buffer with new input signal. Repeto Standard does this, but with MIDI note events instead of audio signals.
Repeto Standard records MIDI note data into the loop buffer which is played back with a delay defined by loop length parameter. The loop length can be changed any time even while recording.
Repeto Standard can be used as a real-time pattern sequencer with capabilities not seen in any other sequencers.
Recorded loops can be manipulated by recording and overdubbing new notes and by adjusting recording, loop length, quantization and playback (pitch, velocity, note length) parameters in real-time.
The parameters can be controlled either with plugin host automation or by assigning MIDI notes and controllers manually or with MIDI learn functionality.
- Real-time loop length control with 12 snapshot buttons, from 1/16 to 64 bars.
- Overdub and punch recording modes. Punch mode enables recording of new notes while deleting old ones.
- Real-time non-destructive quantization with quantization amount and swing controls, 9 quantization rates from 1/64 to 1/4.
- Loop playback pitch, velocity and note length controls.
- Piano roll display for MIDI note data.
- MIDI file import and export with drag and drop functionality.
- Displays for input, loop and output MIDI notes.
- MIDI learn functionality for all controls.
- One month trial version available
Plugin versions (VST and AU)
- All plugin parameters can be controlled from the host application via automation.
- The plugin follows tempo and playback position and state of the host application.
- The plugin is recording and playing only when the host application playback is enabled.
Piano Roll view
Piano roll displays the contents of the loop buffer at the length defined by the repeat length parameter.
The effects of quantization parameters are visualized automatically in the view.
You can drag’n’drop the current loop as a MIDI file to another application.
You can also drop MIDI files into the view. The current repeat length defines the length of the imported MIDI file. If the imported MIDI file is shorter than the current repeat length, it will be looped to fill the loop buffer. If the imported MIDI file is longer than the current repeat length it will be cropped accordingly.
Toolbar contains the following controls:
- MIDI Learn button
- When enabled you can assign MIDI note or control events to controls. Click on the control (button, knob) and press MIDI key or turn MIDI controller and you’re done. To assign another control, click it and press MIDI key / turn MIDI controller again. You can also assign/unassign parameters by right-clicking on the control and by selecting appropriate MIDI channels, notes and control numbers from the menu.
- Question mark button
- Disable this to hide tooltips.
- Playback position circular indicator
- Indicates the relative playback position inside the loop.
- Playback position
- Displays the playback position in bars:beats.
- Repeto logo
- Click to see plugin info and/or to visit the Repeto website.
- Repeat button enables both playback and looping of the loop buffer.
- Length buttons are used to select the loop buffer length.
- Each of the 12 lengths can be modified using the Upper and Lower controls. Minimum length of the loop length is 1/64 and the maximum is 64 bars (64/1).
- Record button enables recording of the MIDI input into the loop buffer. When disabled MIDI input is passed thru to MIDI output.
- Record Mode parameter defines how playback and recording of the loop buffer works when there are MIDI notes pressed down. The loop data is only modified if the Record button is enabled.
- Overdub. Playback and recording continues normally except with those MIDI keys that are currently pressed.
- Punch recording mode. Playback and recording of all notes is muted when any MIDI key is down and unmuted when the last MIDI key is unpressed. Use this mode if you want overwrite the loop buffer data with new notes. Works well with monophonic bass and lead lines.
- Clear button clears the loop buffer.
- Play button enables the playback of the loop buffer. Use this to temporarily mute the MIDI output, the loop buffer is not affected.
- Quantize button enables the playback quantization. See: Quantization section
- Transform button enables the playback transform parameters: pitch, velocity and note length. See: Transform section
Transform section allows user to modify the playback of the loop non-destructively. These parameters do not modify the contents of the loop buffer.
- Pitch controls the pitch of the MIDI notes on playback, range from -48 to +48 semitones.
- Velocity controls the velocity of the MIDI notes on playback, range from -100 (quiet MIDI notes) to +100 (loud MIDI notes), at zero the MIDI note velocities are not modified.
- Note length controls the relative MIDI note length, range from 0% (short as possible length) to 200% (double the note length), at 100% the note length is not modified.
Quantize button in Playback section enables the real-time non-desctructive MIDI note timing quantization.
- Quantization Rate can be selected from 9 options: 1/64, 1/48, 1/32, 1/24, 1/16, 1/12, 1/8, 1/6, 1/4.
- Amount controls the amount of quantization, at 0% no quantization is applied to the playback and at 100% full quantization is applied to the playback.
- Swing adds groove to the quantization, Amount control must be enabled for the effect to be applied.
The effects of quantization parameters are displayed in the piano roll.
- Bug fix: Looping bug with only one note in the repeat buffer
- Some visual changes
- Piano roll grid now visible when playback enabled.
- Major internal changes, parameter handling modernized. More stable in MainStage.
- Piano roll bug fixed, randomly would not display anything in the view.
- The first version
After you have purchased Repeto Standard, you will find the serial number from the order details.
You must enter the serial number into a dialog on the first time you start the plugin, along with your email address.
Your email address will not be shared with third parties and will not be used for non-Repeto related posts. Only emails related to the license and/or product updates will be sent to your email address. You can request the removal of your personal data from the Repeto website anytime.
You are allowed to install the plugin on two separate machines in the same household or a company.
The serial number is confidential and you are not allowed to share it with anyone.
The developer of Repeto
15 Feb 2020